This week the CSIPM and allies are launching ‘You do politics, we go hungry’, an advocacy campaign urging the UN Committee on World Food Security (CFS) to coordinate a policy response to the current food crisis. The CFS will hold a one-day plenary session on 19 December (you will soon receive more detailed information on this) and we hope it will take bold action in this direction. Please read the campaign plan and help us spreading the word by:
- Reading and republishing the press release [available in English, French and Spanish]
- Reading and sharing CSIPM’s new policy brief [available in English, French and Spanish]
- Tweeting the suggested tweets available here with hashtag #CFSresponse and sharing the campaign visuals on social media [available here. Illustration: Nando Motta.]
- Helping us to get media coverage on this issue in national, regional and global outlets.
- Joining our virtual public briefing “Global Food Crisis and the Responses: A comprehensive update and discussion” on 14 December at 1pm CET. Please register here.
Do let us know if you have any questions and ideas to work together and increase the reach and efficacy of this campaign!
Marion and Betsy on behalf of the Secretariat of the Civil Society and Indigenous Peoples’ Mechanism for relations with the UN Committee on World Food Security (CSIPM)