The Autonomous People’s Response is once again denouncing the corporate capture of decision-making in food systems and the UN Food Systems Summit stocktaking event (UNFSS+2) starting on July 24. We have launched a public statement and a press release. Please read and share them widely.
The UNFSS+2 is one of many events that are poised to repeat the failures of the Summit itself, further opening the door of the UN to even greater influence from companies and their networks. Among these events is the Summit of the Future. In response, the Autonomous People’s Response has recently organized events involving experts, civil society organizations, social movements, and Indigenous Peoples to call for genuine food systems change.
The event’s recordings can be watched here.
Next Monday 24 July, we invite you to join the TWITTER STORM calling for #FoodSystems4People!
Take a look at the social media toolkit to find suggested tweets, hashtags, handles, and materials.
How to participate:
- Date and time: Monday 24 July, all-day
- Tweet a message using the hashtags #FoodSystems4People and #UNFSS2023 or copy one of the suggested tweets (see here or in the document attached). Don’t forget to tag relevant people and organisations.
- Include a photograph that represents your struggle, your constituency, the food systems transformation in your community, or one of the suggested banners.
Would you like to get involved in the communications and campaigning activities ahead? Are you available to help us translate our statement and press release to other languages? Has your opposition been recently cited in the media and would you like to have it uploaded here? Please write to us at email@example.com
For those who are interested in the topic of multistakeholderism and the corporate capture of food systems, we invite you to read and share the following recent reports:
- Food Systems Transformation. In which direction? (FIAN, 2023)
- Multistakeholderism and the corporate capture of global food governance. What is at risk in 2023? (People’s Autonomous Response, 2023)
- Who is tipping the scale? (IPES-Food, 2023)
Schola Campesina on behalf of the Autonomous People’s Response to the UN Food Systems Summit